We, the faculty and staff of Bishop Canevin High School, in order to promote and sustain Bishop Canevin as a school of unparalleled quality for the 21st Century, integrate faith into every aspect of life and culture in order to produce graduates who continually strive for human and Christian perfection.
We recognize the importance of embracing technological advancements to best prepare our students with the skills necessary to face the demands of college and the challenges of an ever-changing global culture.
The Crusader iPad Advantage
Our latest initiative, the Crusader iPad Advantage, provides an Apple iPad for each incoming student for their educational and personal use. The Crusader iPad Advantage prepares students for life-long learning through technology integrated into the daily lessons. In addition to supplemental educational apps, the entire Algebra, Geometry and Algebra II curricula is provided through the iPad.
In recent years, we have expanded our technology to include the following resources:
- Business class high-speed internet
- Three servers for administrative services, file storage with daily, off-site backups and over 10 networked printers
- Over 200 computers
- At least one computer in every classroom
- Four computer labs with at least 18 computers each
- State-of-the-art firewall for a safe and secure environment
- Media Center with HD Cable
- Streaming audio and video broadcasts
- 10 Interactive SMARTBoards
- Edline, an online portal for every class and activities
- Windows 7 Operating System on over 80% of the computers
- Classes on Microsoft Office 2010 and Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Public wireless access
- HD TVs for news broadcasts and school news
- Cable TV in 13 areas of the school
- Opportunity for students to borrow laptops
- At least one additional SMARTBoard and six interactive Slate systems
For more information, contact Mr. Nick Sinagra at firstname.lastname@example.org – x 223.